It’s not even been a month since I joined this amazing community of bloggers and I have been nominated for the much coveted Liebster Award 2018. I feel so privileged and honoured for the love and appreciation that I am receiving and owe it to the readers for accepting me as a part the blogosphere. I am really happy with the way my blog is blossoming, slowly but steadily. My heart fills with pride and happiness to see my “baby” getting appreciation and accolades. I thank all my readers for all the support and motivation and hope that my posts continue to mesmerize you and keep you coming back.
Cloud and Sunshine is the abode where my heart dwells and where my emotions form words, taking shape of stories and tales and even advice and suggestions. It’s the place where I pour my heart to paint vivid pictures with my words and spark imagination. Cloud and Sunshine is where I relish being when I am not busy mothering my 15-month-old. I started Cloud and Sunshine as a canvas where I could paint pictures and embroider stories from my rendezvous with life and parenthood. (If you want to know more about me visit my “About” page.)
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Jena Pendarvis for finding my blog worthy enough for the nomination. Thank you very much, Jena! Jena is a lovely soul, a new mom and a wonderful writer who untangles the knots of her artistic thoughts through her blog posts. Her blog is the reflection of her artistic talent which she uses to showcase, beautifully, through her writings and expressions. From whatever little I have come to know about her through her posts, it has left me awed and wanting for more. The challenges she has faced and the battles she has won make her the strong woman she is today. I would request you to take a peek into her life and amazing content by visiting her blog and be truly inspired.
What makes me passionate about blog posting?
Upsurges of uncharted emotions that I feel as my newfound motherhood, inspires me to document it for my son to know and learn from it. I feel it’s not the destination, but the journey that makes it more interesting and worthwhile. As I sail through my journey of parenthood, the challenges I face and the (mis)adventures I stumble across enriches my life. And, it is the urge to share my experiences and learning that I gather as I go, with the world by way of my life stories and tales is what makes me passionate about blog posting.
10 Random Facts About Me
1) I hate pets but would like a cute dog as a pet for my son.
2) I am a Virgo and strongly believe in sun signs.
3) I had an arranged marriage, but because of our chemistry people often confuse it to be a love marriage.
4) I take out time to write for my blog either when my kid sleeps or by staying awake every alternate night.
5) I do the major part of my shopping online from the comfort of my home.
6) I am a neat freak and go crazy when I find my things out of place.
7) I am an emotionally challenged person who usually doesn’t know how to react to a particular situation, where I might show a different reaction while I am feeling an altogether different one.
8) I am not fond of jewellery as much as I am fond of gadgets and technology.
9) I strongly dislike people who don’t value time and money.
10) I was so huge when pregnant that people often asked me if I were carrying twins.
Answering the questions I have been asked:
1) Would you rather be someone’s sun or moon and why?
The Sun is unquestionably the brightest star of our galaxy and the ultimate source of our energy. It illuminates our lives with its sunshine and provides heat and warmth. But as much as I might be inclined to be someone’s sun and spread sunshine in their lives, yet I choose to be their moon so that I can brighten their world during their darkest hour when their sun isn’t hanging around to provide the light.
2) Which would you rather watch, the sunrise or sunset?
Both sunrise and sunset are beautiful, exotic and magical in their own aspect. While both of them are breathtaking still the sunset hues with its vibrancy of colours and embedded romantic notes is far more captivating and stunning. But I’d rather choose to watch the sunrise, as it comes to me with a ray of hope – a hope of a fresh new day, a hope of new beginnings and a thankful heart for being alive to live another beautiful day. The serenity of the sunrise for me marks the dawn of exciting possibilities for a brand new day and opens a plethora of prospects for spending the day and being grateful for having been granted it.
3) What is your ritual to begin creating/writing?
Being an overtime mom to an all-time-charged-up toddler, it really makes it impossible for me to stick to any particular ritual and religiously follow it. I don’t have any particular routine to begin my writing, yet I am open to fresh perspective all the time. I always keep my desk ready for productivity so that I do not have to spend the little time I get in prepping my desk. Whenever I come to my desk, I mean business and pour my thoughts incessantly. And while I’m away from my desk and some inspiration, ideas or thoughts do happen to pop up, I just type them out on my phone and store them for later use and build around them once I get time.
4) What/who inspires you in life the most?
I find my inspiration for writing in the day-to-day things which strike a chord in my heart and ignite a response – be it happiness, sadness, anger or excitement.
5) What movie genre would you consider to be your personality?
Though I like romantic and action movies as well, I am a diehard fan of good horror movies, those with the likes of The Conjuring and Insidious.
6) If you could grow a garden, would it have flowers or fruit/veggies?
I believe growing a fruit/veggies garden is what I want for myself since, even though flowers carry with them their beauty and fragrance it is the food that I want more. What could be better than a home produce of fresh fruits and vegetables right from your home kitchen garden, free of toxic pesticides and chemical fertilizers!
7) Would you rather cook or bake?
I, honestly, am clueless about baking so it is cooking for me.
8) If you could have one wish what would it be?
If I were granted one wish it would be to have a second child. Only this time around I wish it were my husband who conceived, carried and gave birth. (Sometimes, I truly feel that way. No offence!)
9) What artist would you want to see in a live concert?
So I am a big fan of music and I myself can sing fairly well. I love listening to the old classics of Kishore Kumar but he has been long dead. I would definitely want to hear him perform live.
10) What’s the youngest memory you have of your past?
Brace yourself, this one’s going to be interesting. So my sister is two years younger to me. When I was five I was allowed to go out of the house alone, but my sister being younger had never stepped foot outside the house alone.
One day being a good elder sister and feeling responsible for her I decided to take her out to play. While I was busy playing I completely forgot about her. When I finished playing and it was time to return home, I turned to take her, but she was not there where I had left her. I searched everywhere, but she was nowhere to be found. Then crying and sobbing inconsolably, I returned home to inform about it to my mom feeling dreadful of the repercussion.
To my utter shock what I see is that she is busy enjoying her evening snack merrily sitting on my mother’s lap. And then I heaved a sigh of relief. So it had so happened that while I was busy playing she had found her way back to home all by herself. And I am still clueless when she learned to do that. In a nutshell, I had a fortunate escape from what could have turned into a good thrashing session for me. Thank God she returned home safe. That was the most dreaded I have ever felt in my entire life as long and as far as I can remember.
My nominations for the Liebster Award 2018
- Random Thoughts
- SZwin of That’s thoughtful of you!
- Unwritten Cosmos
- Bianca Arriaga of lifeasbiancablog
- Soumitra of The Pensieve
- Amy of Dear Heart
11 questions I would like you to answer
1) If given the power to time-travel would you rather go into the past or the future? Give your reasons.
2) If you were to choose to be born with one disability (choose from blind, deaf and dumb) what would it be and why?
3) Have you ever watched the cloud and imagined it to form some shape?
4) Which Disney character do you relate to and why?
5) If given a second chance what would you do differently?
6) What is your idea of God and spirituality?
7) Which comics fan are you Marvel’s or DC’s and why?
8) What is the story behind your blog and how did it get its name?
9) Do you need to have a baby to feel complete and if you were unable to give birth yourself, would you rather have a baby by surrogacy or adoption? Give reasons.
10) Among the 7 wonders of the world which one do you find the most deserving and why? (Additionally, you could also rank them according to your choice.)
11) What does true love mean to you?
Rules of the Liebster Award 2018
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4) Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
6) List these rules in your post.
7) Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.
If you choose to accept the nomination answer my questions, remember to tag me and inform me about your post by leaving a comment here for me to have a look at your answers. Hope you enjoy answering my questions. And don’t forget to nominate other bloggers to discover, connect and support the blogging community.
Let’s spread the love and joy of blogging!